We believe that all students can achieve well above their own and others’ expectations.
Jenny Davies – Programme Leader and Teacher of Expressive Arts & EAL
Meesh Vince – Head of Performance House and Teacher of Expressive Arts
Mick Glenfield – Teacher of English and Drama
- State of the art studios with stage lights, projectors, real wood, heated, sprung floors, drapes etc.
- Assembly Hall with bleacher seating, lighting and sound box
Expressive Arts embraces the widest range of arts.
In Years 7 and 8, the focus is on dance, drama and physical theatre. Students experience creating, performing and appreciating.
Current Y10 are studying GCSE Expressive Arts (this course is being phased out nationally from 2017). Our Y9 Option group is studying Drama.
The Expressive Arts curriculum is further enhanced by:
- Visiting professional workshops, residences and shows
- Timetabled enrichment lessons leading to public performances
- Professional quality annual production (e.g. Beauty and the Beast in 2014 and Mulan in 2015) directed by Meesh Vince
- Weekly Young Company Old Vic sessions at Bristol Metropolitan Academy
- Links with professional organisations such as Bristol Old Vic, Travelling Light Theatre, Bath University and others
- Running primary school workshops for Years 5 and 6 in dance and drama with opportunities to perform in our shows